Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Somewhere over the rainbow

After the longest 5 days of my life we've finally let go of our little baby at 7 weeks. I started to feel uneasy when I wasn't having any morning sickness, then some of my lab work just didn't seem right and finally last Friday I started bleeding.

I went into the Doctor's office and saw a Heartbeat, which temporarily put my mind at ease. But over the weekend the bleeding continued, and became much heavier. I knew it was happening, my stomach was cramping, the bleeding was more than spotting and there was nothing I could do to stop nature from taking it's course. By Monday morning I was sure of it.

The doctor confirmed via sonogram that the baby no longer had a heartbeat, and gave me the option of miscarrying on my own or having a D&C. I decided to have the D&C. I honestly just wanted it over with. After 4 days of bleeding and cramping and no end in sight I just needed relief, and I knew a D&C would be the best option to provide that quickly.

Deep down I know that there was nothing I could have done to prevent this, but it doesn't make it any easier. We asked for them to run tests on the baby to see if they are able to figure out what was wrong, though I'm not sure having those answers will provide any comfort.

This baby was a wonderful surprise, and I'm sad that it's ended the way it did. But hopefully I'll be back here soon, because Drew and I make some cute kids : )

Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart - A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment