Friday, September 5, 2014

1/2 Way There!

We've reached the half way point! 20 weeks down and hopefully no more than 20 weeks to go.

The biggest change in the past few weeks has been movement. Finally! After worrying that I wasn't feeling anything for weeks I'm starting to feel some serious baby jigs these days. Just like his big brother I started to feel this little guy move around 18-19 weeks, and now his kicks and punches are hard to miss. It seems like anytime I sit down with my feet up he starts rocking and rolling. I don't remember Ryan being this active at this point, god only knows what that means for when he makes his big appearance in January.

In other news, I can't stop eating ice cream. No seriously. I pretend to try and stop, but Ryan is into strawberry ice cream cones every single night and god help me if I don't end up with a bowl myself! I jumped on the scale today for some stupid reason. I'm about 8-9 lbs up from where I was when I got pregnant, but almost 20 lbs over my happy weight. I'm sort of praying I keep this pregnancy within the 25-30 lb gain like last time, but am starting to realize it may mean regaining some self control and saying no to ice cream (and chips, and french fries, and all things delicious). 

And in other, other news Ryan wants to name his little brother "poopy". "Big Poopy" to be exact, and Big Poopy will be allowed to sleep in Ryan's room. This all sounds very promising to me! Hopefully he won't be too upset when he learns his name of choice isn't up for consideration. 

Which brings me to another thought as I ramble on. Naming a child is really hard, specifically the second time around when it's the same gender. I really wanted to go with the middle name George after my Grandpa, but can't seem to find a middle name that works well with it. Some top runners of the moment include:

Tyler
Dylan
Joshua
Evan
Zachary 

None of which really flow nicely with "George". Ahh guess it's a good thing we have another 20 weeks to decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment