Friday, June 10, 2011

Beginner's Luck?

After impatiently waiting for something to happen (a.ka. for my period) we decided we were ready to see what happened after a little help from the fertility gods. So I started Clomid, a pill used to help bring on ovulation in women whose bodies can't seem to do it on their own. After finishing my 5th pill the waiting game began. Which entailed frequent trips to the RE's office for bloodwork and ultrasounds to see how my body was responding.

For a while nothing happened, and all I could think was this cycle was a bust and the dose wasn't high enough, or even worse - my body was going to require even more medication for something to happen. Then...something happened.

It was like my body remembered what it was supposed to be doing all these years. Three weeks into my first medicated cycle everything was looking great, my lining was nice and thick and I had one mature follicle ready burst.

When the timing was perfect I went home and Drew gave me an injection of Ovidrel, which triggers ovulation. Then we scheduled an IUI for two days later on March 11th, and crossed our fingers and toes that this would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment