Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Running Out of Room

My how quickly times have changed. No sooner do I write about how much I'm enjoying being pregnant do things start to become very, very uncomfortable. It could just be a bad couple of days, or that he's in some crazy position, but honestly I think this feeling that has come over me is directly related to the fact that this baby is slowly running out of room inside my belly, and it hurts.

Here's what I've noticed:
  1. He moves all day long, and we're not talking about the little taps that I used to get, but full on rolls and kicks that leave me feeling like I've been in a boxing match with Mike Tyson.
  2. I have to pee 95 times a day. Okay, 95 times may be a slight exaggeration, but the number of times I pee in 1 day is getting out of control. We may have to look into adult diapers.
  3. I can't sleep, and I like sleep, I like 8 hours of sleep. But does my body realize this is the last time in probably forever that I'll be able to enjoy a full nights rest? No. Instead I wake up every 2 hours and can't fall back asleep because my mind starts racing with all the things we need, like onesies. For some reason I'm really worried about onesies. Do I have enough onesies, and how many onesies do we even need. Should I just get white ones, and where should I put them? In the top drawer, or find some other space to store them. Yeah...onesies.
  4. Bending over is impossible. From putting on socks and tying my shoe laces, to trying to get out of bed, I can no longer make a 90 degree angel with my body to save my life - and it's humiliating, in a way Drew finds hysterical.
Those are probably the top 4 things on my "Okay, I think I'm done being pregnant" list. Really not too bad now that I'm look at everything written down, but just enough to make me a bit nervous about the 6 weeks to come. According to my What to Expect Ap our little guy is around 4-5 lbs and could double in weight over the next 6 weeks. Excuse me, but where is another 4-5 lbs of baby supposed to go!??

Just another sign of this growing little guy is my ever expanding belly at 33 weeks and 5 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment