Tuesday, November 22, 2011

To Have & To Hold

Drew and I met in 2005. We've had lots (and lots) of laughs, our fair share of tears, and a healthy dose of arguments. Over the course of a month we went from casually seeing each other, to seriously dating. I'll never forget the night we met, or the first time we kissed and how his hands were shaking when he asked me to marry him.

Drew and I had a strong connection right from the start. There were no questions about his feelings for me, he always made that very clear, and if he said he was going to do something, he did. It was these qualities that made me love Drew the most. He was reliable and kind, and when I was around him I felt completely at ease.

Over the past 6 years our relationship has grown in so many way, but nothing comes close to how it’s changed over the course of this pregnancy. I never imagined that we could get closer then we were, or that the love I have for him could get stronger, but it has. And when I think of the little life we’ve created together the happiness I feel is overwhelming.

Just as he did when we first started dating, Drew has helped put me at ease when my mind is racing with things to do. He’s packed is days off with trips to BRU, helped me around the house, and cooked dinners without being asked. I always said that I knew there was something special about Drew the moment that I met him, and still find myself thinking this on a daily basis. He’s going to be an amazing father, and a wonderful role modal to our son...who we will hopefully be meeting very, very soon.
 
38 weeks and 4 days, 10 days until D day!

No comments:

Post a Comment