Saturday, December 3, 2011

D Day.

Well that was a lot of build up for nothing. My due date came, and went and there's no baby to show for it.

It's funny how you spend 9+ months praying that the baby stays put inside your belly, then the last week doing anything you can to make him come out. I've tried my fair share of "labor inducing" activities, and still no dice.

I'm trying hard not to get annoyed that yesterday wasn't the big day, but after 40 weeks of acting as an oven, I'm ready to get the show on the road! Hopefully it's not too much longer, because as I've mentioned before, patience is not my thing.

You'd think the fact I could potentially have off for a week with nothing to do would be a relaxing thought, but instead it just stresses me out. I'm not good at just sitting around, and can only watch so much bad TV. I'd rather be busy all day long, but at this point we have nothing left to do except have a baby, and I can only spend so much time on my feet before my body starts to ache.

The doctor has given me until next Thursday for this to happen naturally, then they will go ahead and induce labor. Not ideal, but at this point I'm so ready to move to the next phase that I don't care.

40 weeks and 1 day, and no baby.
Today we're going to meet baby Murphy, who, like a good girl came 4 days early! Hopefully being around babies will help my body get this party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment