So I've been looking at shag carpets (betcha thought this was going to be about something else) and can't seem to get Drew on the same page.
I've done a lot of shopping for the Nursery online, which means I now how to wait for everything to come in to see if it all matches. The last real item I need is an area rug, and while I'm 99% sure a soft shag carpet in a light cream color would be perfect (I'm talking Martha Stewart does baby kind of perfect here) - Drew totally disagrees. His two main arguments are as follows.
#1) "It will get caught in the vacuum cleaner". My response, "No it won't, Stef has a similar carpet and a dison vacuum and she never has an problem." - I don't even know if this is true, but it just came out.
#2) "The baby's spit up will get all over it." - My Response, "Baby's spit up is the color of milk, so it will match." I failed to bring up the color of stuff that comes from the other end, but if Drew didn't go there I wasn't going to mention it.
So back to my question, to Shag or not to Shag. I've found two other carpets that I like at pottery barn, one a soft blue and another a light green, but I've still got my sights set on the shag carpet.
We've got another 14 weeks ahead of us before our little guy arrives, so really there is on rush to decide on this RIGHT now. But once I get something stuck in my head I don't stop thinking about it until I've acted on that thought (so in this case, bought a rug).
For now I'm going to stick to some online browsing and hope that the furniture arrives in over the next few weeks so I can see what would work best in the room... and then I'll go out and buy the ivory shag carpet that I want : )
No comments:
Post a Comment