Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just Keep Swimming...

Despite things moving along at an almost text-book pace (I know because I’ve read just about everything I can get my hands on) I still can’t seam to shake the fear that something will go wrong.

I thought I would feel better once I started to feel some movement, if nothing else than to reassure me that he is still there inside of me. This held true for the past couple of weeks, but there are times when he’s not as active as he was the day before – or his kicks aren’t as hard that I immediately start to panic.

I will be 23 weeks on Friday, and after 2 days of almost nothing am feeling better after some strong kicks today. I know that it’s normal at this point not to feel him move every day, but I still don’t like it (who said normal was great anyway).

I really am enjoying being pregnant right now. I feel great, am not the size of a house and my energy level is pretty normal (can’t blame going to bed at 9:00 on being pregnant because that was always my bed time). I just hope that I’ll soon be able to rest assured and stop this daily worry, although I have a feeling this is just the start of years of worrying that come with being a parent.

So just keep swimming little guy, Mama like the daily reminders of what’s going on inside my belly <3

No comments:

Post a Comment