Holy hormones, I'm a Crazy Bitch these days. I'm thinking about getting a t-shirt made with that on the front, just to give anyone in my path a solid warning.
It started innocently enough with a trip to Pottery Barn. My parents were visiting for the weekend, and after an early movie, Mom and I headed up to Pottery Barn to check out a rug for the nursery. Within 10 minutes of getting to the store I had found the rug I wanted, purchased it and was headed to a loading zone on the other side of the mall to pick it up.
Long story short, they had somehow loaded the wrong rug in my car which meant not only was it possible they didn't have the rug I wanted, but worse, we had to go all the way back to the store to figure out what happened.
I could feel my blood begin to boil and was in no mood to mess around once we got back inside. The poor sales rep looked like a deer in headlights as I stormed in, walked up to the register (not caring that there was a line of polite, normal human beings waiting to check out their candles and picture frames) and demanded to be served right away. Thankfully they were able to figure out what happened, and after realizing they had a very pissed off pregnant woman on their hands - walked us out the back way through the stock room to where our car was parked.
This was the first sign of the crazy bitch living inside of me. She came out again the next day when I went to get my hair cut only to find out the Salon was having some event that you had to a) wait in line for the first stylist who was available, b) get at least 2 inches cut off and c) they weren't going to blow it out when all was said.
I was FURIOUS!!! How could the receptionist not have told me any of this when I made the appointment the day before. I was so mad that I got up with a soaking wet head, and walked out. Just walked out and left. Once I got into my car and the anger melted away and I felt like crying, see - crazy bitch.
For now I'm chalking all of this up to my raging (no pun intended) hormones. But with another 9 weeks left to go I hope I can learn to keep this Crazy Bitch under control!
Here is a shot of the right rug in the nursery, and our first child, Maggie - who is making sure her presence is known during all this baby talk : )

No comments:
Post a Comment