Monday, September 12, 2011

Special Delivery

This weekend, like a kid before Christmas morning, I anxiously awaited the delivery of our baby's bedroom furniture. It was the longest Saturday morning of my life.

I managed to entertain myself until about noon, but after that couldn't help but run to the window each time a car drove by. Finally around 2:30 there was a knock on the door, and in walked the most perfect nursery furniture I could have imagined. 

I wish I could have seen the smile on my face as the two delivery men set everything up in the nursery. The furniture was just as beautiful as I remembered, and fit exactly where I wanted it to (thank god for that virtual nursery planner that I found online).

About 20 seconds after tipping the men and sending them on their way I was back in the room, arranging the bedding and setting stuffed animals on the changing table. The rest of the weekend was spent organizing the room, or setting something up in the room, or buying something for that room, or thinking of something I could buy for the room. You get the picture, I'm obsessed.

I couldn't be happier with how everything is coming along, and can't keep myself from peaking in each time I walking past his room. To think that in 11 weeks there could be a real live baby sleeping in that bed is incredible (and scary, I have a lot more books to read). 

Next weekend Stef is coming over to paint the monkey mural on the wall, I can't wait to show her the room, and have her put in some more finishing touches. As I sit here typing he's really moving around, hopefully that means he likes what he's "seeing".

Here are some recent pictures of our work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment