Last Saturday my very talented friend Stef donated her entire weekend to painting a mural on our little guy's wall.
To be honest, at first I wasn't sure that I was a mural kind of gal. But after looking at thousands of pictures online and talking to Stef about the endless possibles I was sold - this was a perfect touch for the nursery!
Over the past few months we've continued to pass ideas back and forth, emailing each other links to murals we liked, and finally picking a weekend for her to come up and get started. Before I knew it she was pulling up our driveway, and once again I was anxiously waiting like a kid on Christmas morning to begin this new project.
We set out a plan, ran up to Micheal's to stock up on supplies and headed back home to begin this mega arts and crafts project. For the next 7 hours I sat (literally, sat on the floor) and watched as Stef outlined the tree, carefully making sure each leaf and branch was to her liking. Once we were all happy with the map she had created we got to the fun part, paint!
Over the past few months we've continued to pass ideas back and forth, emailing each other links to murals we liked, and finally picking a weekend for her to come up and get started. Before I knew it she was pulling up our driveway, and once again I was anxiously waiting like a kid on Christmas morning to begin this new project.
We set out a plan, ran up to Micheal's to stock up on supplies and headed back home to begin this mega arts and crafts project. For the next 7 hours I sat (literally, sat on the floor) and watched as Stef outlined the tree, carefully making sure each leaf and branch was to her liking. Once we were all happy with the map she had created we got to the fun part, paint!
As we began to add color to the outline Stef created the mural came to life. From the light green leaves, to happy little birds, to my favorite part, the monkey - the mural came out better than I could have even dreamed. All I keep picturing is reading to our little man underneath this tree, and making up stories about how the Monkey got there, and why the birds don't fly away. It's perfect.
Here are some pictures of the mural and Stef hard at work. I'm lucky to have such a supportive and generous friend so close by, who also happens to paint kick-ass murals : )
Here are some pictures of the mural and Stef hard at work. I'm lucky to have such a supportive and generous friend so close by, who also happens to paint kick-ass murals : )
No comments:
Post a Comment