Sunday, October 2, 2011

Boobies and Bellies

This weekend, despite Drew's protest, we attended a breastfeeding class. There is less than 9 weeks until our little guy gets here, and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with the amount of basic baby care that we still need to "learn".

So - I signed up for a BF class, and after a last minute schedule change opened up his weekend, told Drew he was coming with me. Thankfully he wasn't the only man in the class, which consisted of fake nipples, a serious power point and numerous video clips of huge, bare, boobies. Lots and lots of boobies. I can't even pretend like I wasn't holding back giggles throughout the entire 2 hours. It was just so much boob, which I guess I should have expected in a class about breastfeeding.

Overall it was pretty informative, and covered some basic BF tips that were helpful to hear in person. I'm hoping that by getting informed early I'll be able to BF successfully. However I'm aware of how challenging it is, and that despite best efforts it doesn't always work out. I'm 100% committed to giving it my all for as long as I can, but trying to be realistic at the same time.

In other news, I feel like my belly exploded this week and I love it. I am finally embracing the bulge and wearing clothes that are more form fitting. My total weight gain at 31 weeks is 18 lbs, which would put me just under 30lbs total if I continue to gain at the rate I've been going. I've decided I can live with that. 25lb would have been awesome, but the bacon every weekend and ice cream sundaes every night have been worth it.

Here is my 31 and 2 day belly shot, take while shopping at "Pea in the Pod" this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. oh.my.god. that class must have been hilarious for drew. what a man!

    SEE YOU IN LESS THAN A WEEK!

    ReplyDelete