You know when you're someplace and can tell that you stick out like a soar thumb? That's exactly how I felt at when shopping for strollers at Babies R Us over the weekend. First of all - who invented these things, and when did they become so damn complicated?
Between Drew and I it took a solid 20 minutes to learn what buttons did what, and how to get the car seat to detach from the rest of the stroller. They seriously make this look way easier in the movies.
I couldn't help but notice the more seasoned parents walking past us with huge smiles on their faces - clearly remember a time when they too had no clue what they were doing. I almost wanted to walk over and say "Hi, you look like you know how these things work - can you help us?"
It was honestly hysterical, I wish I could have video tapped it. I'm lucky that Drew has a sense of humor, because the majority of the time I sat there laughing watching him struggle with all the random levers that seem to be a part of today's strollers.
In the end (after testing about 10) we found one that we both loved. According to Drew it "drove nicely" and was a bit lighter than some of the others. For me the big selling point was it came in red, I love me some red.
Here is what we picked out, along with the pictures I grabbed of Drew wrestling with a stroller. Note the three others we have pulled out to test drive in the background.


awwwie its adorable. baby S is gonna look supa fly in that!
ReplyDelete