Monday, August 8, 2011

It's All Happening

This weekend was a big one in the "this baby is really coming" department.

It started with some construction in the basement. After looking at our options (and the only other bedrooms in the house) we decided to leave the guest room as is, and turn the office into a nursery. Since moving into the house two years ago the office has always been Drew's room, as I tend to sit in front of the TV with my laptop (and Bravo in the background) to do all my online activities.

Even though it's not a room that is used often I didn't want to loose the space, so we decided to build a small room off the the finished part of the basement that Drew could turn into an office once the baby came.

Drew's Dad arrived early Sunday morning and the two of them immediately got to work laying out the room and figuring out what supplies they needed from Home Depot. Once they got started and the noise became too much I dismissed myself for a day of beauty and got my nails and hair done (what I'm pregnant, I'm technically not allowed to help).

By the time I came back home around 5:30 the room and been framed out, and the Sheetrock was up. It's not big, but it's prefect for what he needs right now. I'm a bit scared that I'll never see him again. Between his big TV, the Wii, a pantry full of potato chips and cookies and now his computer - he got everything he needs in the basement (at least the bathroom is still upstairs so I know he will have to come up occasionally).

After a quick dinner of Crabs and Shrimp the two Szczuka men finished the day by emptying out the office and moving all the furniture to the new room in the basement, where it will stay until Drew puts in the finishing touches. This is when the fact that we are actually having a baby became more real than it has been in the past 5 and half months.

Seeing the office empty, and knowing that it would soon be filled with baby furniture (which I just ordered today!!!!!) was incredible. I can't help myself from peeking into the room every time I walk by, imagining what it will look like in a couple of months when we're (I'm) done decorating.

Knowing how much of a planner I am, I'd make a bet that the Nursery will be done well in advance of December and our little guys arrival. But I'm having waaaaay too much fun to try and be patient!


5 1/2 month belly shot below, not sure if this is a real baby bump or all the less than healthy food I had over the weekend. Baby wanted it?






1 comment:

  1. Wow. They are so efficient, it must be so nice to have such handy men in your life! You look beautiful and healthy Gina, i can't wait to rub the baby bump!!

    ReplyDelete