Have I mentioned I'm a planner? Needless to say I've spent hundreds of hours scouring the web looking at anything baby related. Between setting up our registry, getting inspiration for the nursery and shopping for furniture I've probably wasted a solid week online.
My baby obsession has only gotten worse since we've found out it's a boy. Now I can REALLY plan! Clearly the first place to start was the nursery. I have such a clear vision for what I want, a classic nursery that welcomes you in and makes it hard to leave. The perfect little haven for our little guy on the way.
The room is already a pale grey/blue that I love, enough blue to be appropriate for a boy without being in your face. Next came the bedding. But where to begin!? Again I didn't want anything that was too over the top (aka bats, trucks or anything sports related) - but didn't want to go so neutral that you couldn't tell what we were having.
Weeks into my online hunt I stumbled across a set from Pottery Barn, and fell in love. It was perfect. Just enough blue to say "I'm a boy", with that classic Pottery Barn finish. I simply couldn't wait any longer, I had to have it right now (patience is not my thing). Not able to wait a day longer (I mean they could all sell out overnight) I called my mom up and told her I found the set I wanted, and was going to go buy it.
A week later a huge Pottery Barn package arrived at my office. I immediately opened it up, ripped through the bubble wrap and pulled out the most beautiful quilt I have seen. It was exactly what I wanted. Absolutely perfect.
Here is a snap shot of the set from Pottery Barn, along with some other ideas I have for the room. Ohh what fun I'm having <3




No comments:
Post a Comment