Saturday, July 30, 2011

Baby Bump

Pretty much the second I found out we were pregnant I started watching, and waiting for my baby bump to appear. Between feeling sick all day long (morning sickness is really a stupid name for it) and not keeping up with my normal exercise routine I put on weight pretty quickly in the first few weeks. Regardless of the gain I didn't get that adorable little bump. Instead I just had... a gut.

Towards the start of my second trimester I started to feel like my normal self again. I was up to exercise in the morning, back to eating tons of fruits and veggies and thankful to notice I was gaining weight at a more normal pace.

Regardless of falling in the normal range for weight gain, I still did not look pregnant (still just fat). I remember thinking at 17 weeks I'll definitely look pregnant. And when that didn't happen I said, fine, at 19 weeks I'll totally have a good bump.

Now I get every woman carries her pregnancy differently, but after 20 weeks this was just plain ridiculous! I still wasn't feeling like my bump was as big as I expected it to be. And instead of that perfect little round belly I've seen in all my friends pictures, I looked like I had just gotten back from a big buffet lunch.

I'm now 22 weeks, and feel like I'm finally starting to show. I'm happy that I'm not yet the size of a house, but at the same time can't wait to have a big obvious belly that I can walk around rubbing all day long. Here is my 21 1/2 week belly shot, taken in the bathroom at work... it has a big mirror.


No comments:

Post a Comment