Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Great Gender Reveal

I'm a planner and not big into surprises, so it came as no shock that I wanted to find out if we were having a boy or a girl. Luckily Drew felt the same exact way, and after our 12 week visit we scheduled a second appointment on July 11th to find out if we were on team blue or pink.

I expected the next few weeks to drag by, but with some distractions at work it seemed like the weeks were flying by. Before I knew it the big day had arrived and I was minutes away from finding out what we were having.

Throughout the entire time we were pregnant Drew made it pretty clear that he wanted a boy. I sort of hung on the fence, a boy would be great, a girl would be wonderful - but in the end all I wanted was a healthy baby.

I sat in the waiting room for a good 20 minutes, feeling once again like I was going to throw up from the anxiety.  Finally I was called in, bared my belly and laid on the table - ready for the big reveal. I guess Baby S had other plans, because for the next hour I watched as the doctor struggled to not only get the measurements she needed, but a sneak peak at what was going on "down there".

All I kept thinking was I'm not leaving here until they tell me if I'm having a boy or girl. At last, after trying some new positions the doctor got the angle she needed. And...

It's a BOY!!

Images from our 19 week ultrasound <3


No comments:

Post a Comment