I went in on March 25th for blood work to confirm if I was in fact pregnant, and not seeing things. Waiting for those results to come back was one of the scariest 3 hours of my life.
I went into work after having the blood taken, only to leave 2 hours later due to a major leak that flooded the entire office. I swear, it was like someone was looking over me, knowing that getting this kind of information in your office is probably not the greatest idea.
No sooner did I step in my front door did I get the call that my beta was 106, high enough to officially say I was pregnant. I sat on the couch crying for a good 5 minutes, then called Drew to let him know it was official, followed by my mom and Dad. The only other people in the world who knew that we had gone through with the IUI.
I can't explain the emotions that came over me after hearing someone else say "You're pregnant". It was a solid combination of excitement, and being scared shitless. Excited about what this meant not only for my body, but our future - and scared about the possibility of losing this little baby before we even had the chance to realize what we had just created.
If I thought the TWW was the longest two weeks of my life, I was wrong. The next 38 weeks would be even longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment