Now I didn't go shouting the news from the roof tops, but I didn't exactly keep quiet about it either. I told my parents the very hour we found out. Then my 4 best girl friends from high school at about 5 weeks, and Drew's sister and Parents at about 6 weeks. Finally at 10 weeks I told my Mom's family along with a few close co-workers.
When it came to sharing the news that early in the game I had a single thought in mind, if something were to happen whose support would we want? Without any real hesitation those were the people who we told first. Sharing our little secret (literally as Baby S was the size of a raspberry at this point) was so much fun. Seeing how people reacted and how excited they were was touching.
Over the next few weeks I continued to be monitored by my RA with regular ultrasounds and blood work. The anxiety I felt going into those first few appoints was unbearable. Deep down I knew everything was fine, but was always afraid of the "what if". What if something is wrong, what if the babies heart isn't beating anymore, what if, what if, what if.
Around 11 weeks I finally started to breathe a bit easier, and start thinking to myself... what if nothing goes wrong?
Here is how we shared the news with my Mom's family. Boy/Girl cupcakes and our 10 week ultrasound image.

No comments:
Post a Comment