Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The "TWW"

And so it begins, my first ever two week wait (aka TWW).  I've followed about 400 sites filled with woman also struggling with infertility and knew from reading their comments that this would be the longest 2 weeks of my life. And they were right.

I counted the days, minutes, hell even the seconds until I would be able to test if i was pregnant. I caved 2 or 3 times and tested way to early. No big surprise that what showed up was not a "Congrats you're pregnant" but "who are you kidding, it's only 10DPO".

At 13 days in after lots of cramping and really tender boobs I figured this was it, my period was about to show up an second. But what the hell,  I'd give it one more try and promised I wouldn't be upset if that second line was still not there. After all this was our first real attempt to get pregnant.

So there I sat at 5:30 in the morning, staring in disbelief at the faintest of faint two pink lines staring back up at me. I couldn't put that stick down,  I carried it with me from room to room to make sure I wasn't seeing things. When Drew woke up I immediatly showed it to him, just to confirm that in fact there were 2 lines showing up. His response was one I'll never forget.

"So you're kind of pregnant?" he said. "Uhh I don't think it works that way" was all I could think to respond with. But to be honest it was exactly how I felt. "Kind of Pregnant". 

No comments:

Post a Comment